What a difference a year makes! No, COVID hasn’t gone away but it is comforting to see people in our community resuming normal routines. Families spending time together over the holidays, annual events being held, kids in school five days each week and more. However, I can’t ignore the fact that many in our community have experienced loss and hardship this year–I am hopeful that those pains will ease and 2022 will prove to hold brighter days ahead.
In this final issue of the year, we are introducing you to Davie County Schools Teacher of the Year, Erin Penley. I hope you’ll take some time to read her interview–it is thorough and proves that being an educator is truly a calling. We want to congratulate Erin on this honor and are proud to have her representing Davie County!
Throughout this issue we’ve sprinkled in recipes and even some tips and tricks that will make your time in the kitchen less stressful. We always get feedback when we feature recipes and hope these may become some new favorites for you and your family.
In addition, we think there is a little something for everyone in this issue–opportunities for small businesses, fun things to do with family and friends, testimonies of getting healthy, stories of how our community is doing its part to make Davie County better and activities/events you can add to your calendar.
One special addition is the inclusion of the story of the birth of Christ on page 31. We have designed this in a way where it can be neatly cut from the pages and placed into a 5×7 photo frame. A beautiful reminder for us that can be displayed in our homes or workplaces.
As we close out our 12th year serving the community, we want to express our gratitude for your support of this publication that is dedicated to life in Davie County. We know that our ability to provide DavieLiFE would not be possible without each of you. We look forward to continuing to serve this great place in 2022!
Wendy H. Horne, Editor/Publisher
- Page 6: Weaving Dreams – Robie’s Reason
- Page 8: Riddle Tractor – Equipping Others and Building Community
- Page 10: Davie County Schools Employees Receive Honors
- Page 16: Ignite Davie – Connecting Students to Local Businesses
- Page 19: 2022 Davie County Bucket List
- Page 23: EnergyUnited Supports Creative Classroom Projects
- Page 25: Big Guy’ Ben Daniels Sheds Pounds, Improves His Life
- Page 30: Celebrate Christmas with These Davie Churches
- Page 31: The Birth of Christ
- Page 35: Triad Tractor – Doing Business the Old Fashioned Way
- Page 38: Davie County Update
- Page 40: Meet Erin Penley, 2021-22 Davie County Schools Teacher of the Year
- Page 45: Do Good. Be Kind. Show Respect.
- Page 48: The Faces of Trellis Supportive Care
- Page 49: Sweet Treats to Try
- Page 51: Connecting Students with Careers Connected to the Future
- Page 53: Hoops in Davie
- Page 55: Healthy Holiday Tips
- Page 58: 2022 is the Year for Small Business Growth at the Small Business Center
- Page 67: Kitchen Tricks & Tips
- Page 73: Trauma Through the Eyes of a Child
- Page 74: Charcuterie Creation
- Page 76: Five Financial Solutions for 2022
- Page 78: Holiday Fun & Games
- Page 80: Pediatric Services Available at the DCHHS Clinic
- Page 81: A Sister-Sister Team that Knows No Limits
- Page 82: Directory of Advertisers
The next issue of DavieLiFE will be published in March of 2022. To learn more about how you can be part of this quarterly publication that is dedicated to Davie County, NC and the surrounding areas, visit us online.